How do I make a review of a PERFECT BOOK, I have no idea. I’ll probably just ramble all the good things in Emma Chase’s latest masterpiece and hope that it would be enough to entice you guys to read it.
GUYS. THIS BOOK. IT IS PERFECT.
A knight in tarnished armor is still a knight.
When you’re a defense attorney in Washington, DC, you see firsthand how hard life can be, and that sometimes the only way to survive is to be harder. I, Jake Becker, have a reputation for being cold, callous, and intimidating—and that suits me just fine. In fact, it’s necessary when I’m breaking down a witness on the stand.
Complications don’t work for me—I’m a “need-to-know” type of man. If you’re my client, tell me the basic facts. If you’re my date, stick to what will turn you on. I’m not a therapist or Prince Charming—and I don’t pretend to be.
Then Chelsea McQuaid and her six orphaned nieces and nephews came along and complicated the ever-loving hell out of my life. Now I’m going to Mommy & Me classes, One Direction concerts, the emergency room, and arguing cases in the principal’s office.
Chelsea’s too sweet, too innocent, and too gorgeous for her own good. She tries to be tough, but she’s not. She needs someone to help her, defend her…and the kids.
And that — that, I know how to do.
I have been a big fan of Emma Chase ever since Tangled was published. Drew, from The Tangled series, was just the perfect man for me and I know no one can ever top that.
Until now. Until Emma Chase herself created the very man that rivals with my Drew. (And it’s not at all a bad ting, y’know. Two perfect men would be just as perfect!) And the man I am talking about is, oh god just thinking about him makes me swoon already! None other than JAKE!
JAKE BECKER! A defense attorney from Washington, DC! Ohmy, Jake, oh Jake.
Jake is your typical lawyer bachelor who has the world under his power. He gets anything he wants in any way he likes. He likes to be in control his life and things are going on super great for him until he meets the McQuaids.
Chelsea McQuaid is the legal guardian of six kids. Yes. You read that right, six kids! When her brother and his wife died some months ago, Chelsea took over the care of the six McQuaid children. She did so very willingly and wholeheartedly. But you know that with that six kids, sooner or later a disaster is going to happen. And happen it did.
And that was when the worlds of Chelsea and Jake crossed..
Things I like about this book:
1. As with all Emma Chases’ books, there was never a boring part. It was delivered from the point of view of Jake and every word that comes out of his mouth (or his brain or wherever) is just pure joy to read for me.
2. Jake and Chelsea are so relatable. I know, I know, I have never been in similar situation as them but I just felt like they’ve been my long time friends already! Chelsea was so cute and low key, and there was never I moment that I did not like her. As for Jake, well, he’s Jake and he’s perfect. No more words needed for that.
3. The kids! Oh my lord, those adorable kids! I loved each one of them. At the beginning I thought I’d get super confused as to who’s who (because, duh, 6 kids! Their names would surely be jumbled up in my brain). But boy was I wrong. I remembered each one of them like they are my own nieces and nephews!!! They are just too adorable and each has a unique character you would just love!
4. Precious family moments! I’m a sucker for these. For a lot of times I teared up in this book because of how Chelsea and Jake handled the kids’ first everything. They, themselves, were super clueless on how to take care of the kids but they got by and everything is just too precious in this book. I especially loved when Regan, one of the kids, uttered her second and third words and aaah, so so heart warming, those scenes! And when they were all teaming up against Chelsea’s new suitor? That was hilarious and touching at the same time!
5. Stanton and Sophia were there too! I missed those two from Overruled! 🙂
I have so much love for this book that the five enumerated above just represents the tip of the iceberg. I don’t usually give 5 stars flat out, just 4 point something or so, but this one is a sure 5 star read for me!
I can’t wait for the third installment, Emma Chase! Please make it sooner!
So that’s it, guys! I’ll see ya next post, and happy reading always!